Safety is our first priority in travel, be it in private or on public transport.
This procedure is to give guidelines for transporting students from one destination to another. This procedure covers; Sports field days, school trips and other EOTC visits that require transportation of pupils. The safety of our students is paramount.
- Every pupil must be restrained by his or her own seat belt, with the exception of public transport.
- Children should not be seated in the front seat.
- A current driver’s license, warrant of fitness and vehicle registration is required from those who assist with transport.
- All drivers must have a blood alcohol level of zero.
- Insurance of all vehicles is the responsibility of the owner.
- Good examples of driving must be shown to pupils in general driving behaviour.
- On buses at least one teacher/adult must be present on each bus and all children must be seated safely.
- Avoid transporting a student on his/her own.
- A risk management form must be completed.
- The outdoor education guidelines must be followed.
- As part of the enrolment process parents will give permission to allow their children to leave the school grounds on school trips.